There are few Jewish communities in the world like that of Memphis. With 4 different Orthodox shuls that all collaborate and share with each other, everyone is truly welcome and embraced here. Memphis offers tremendous and diverse opportunities in educational, cultural, and social activities while also extending the warm Southern hospitality for which we are famous!
Our community has 2 Jewish day schools – the Margolin Hebrew Academy (Pre-K–12th Grade) and Bornblum Jewish Community School (K-8), as well as several options for Jewish preschool.
Why Jewish Memphis?
• Active and friendly community
• Great place to raise children
• Excellent quality of life
• Affordable housing
• Jewish Day Schools for all income levels
• Orthodox Jewish High School
• No city or state income tax
• Low cost of living
• Job opportunities available in many fields including health care (several local hospitals and private practices), IT,
education, engineering, real estate, accounting, business management, etc.
• Centrally located community with easy commutes – never longer than 20 minutes!
• Kosher restaurants, bakery, and wide availability of kosher food
In the past five years, almost 100 new Jewish families have moved to Memphis. What’s all the fuss about?
Come on down and check it out y’all! Join us for a Shabbat and see for yourself!
• $250 towards flights to visit the Memphis Jewish Community
• 1-year free membership at any shul
• 3 months free membership at the Memphis Jewish Community Center
• Tuition discounts at both Day Schools